We know that PHP is one of the best used platforms for developing web applications. Today, we are going to discuss about one of the best PHP platforms that is widely used for developing web applications.
Zend server is highly renowned for its ability to boost the performance of various PHP applications. Here, in this blog post; you will come to know about some of its features that has made it popular among its users.
Features of Zend Framework:
- PHP Stack: Zend’s PHP stack includes various PHP extensions that are completely tested and optimized to improve the page loads of the web applications. One such extension is OPcache.
- Z Ray: This PHP extension helps you to find improper database queries as well as performance issues faced in the early development cycle by providing you proper insight in all PHP elements in your page.
With Z ray, one can easily track such database queries that create a bottle neck and serves to be a performance problem in production environment. This extension can be used safely and used effectively without using a selective mode that allows to access Z ray from particular IP ranges at particular time frame for specific URLs.
- Page Caching: Zend Server Page Caching is used to improve PHP application performance by caching the complete output of PHP scripts while still managing the dynamic capabilities through complete elaborate rules system.
Page Caching expands the idea of caching files and then to be applied to the pages. This provides the ability to reduce the situations where the same file is used in different stages such as the same file is used to redirect to different pages.
Comparing Page Caching with other caching alternatives doesn’t need any changes in the code and it can be easily used to current applications. If we talk about other caching solutions then the same code is run on repetitive executions.
Cached content is displayed without running any code and it results in performance boost.
- Data Cache: The data cache is used to cache different data types such as strings, arrays and objects and also script output for specific time period. The items can be stored in shared memory or in the disk.
This is used at times when it is impossible to perform complete page caching like as in various conditions such as completely dynamic script or too many conditions for a script. For example; web forms.
Data can contain credit card numbers, postal addresses as well as other such information that cannot be cached for security reasons.
- User Interface: Zend Server’s UI helps you to easily manage your environment to perfectly adjust your needs. Suppose, you are not using this Zend framework then these user interfaces can be switched off and the memory can be easily minimized.
Further, it will also increase the performance and the number of requests that can be managed by the hardware at a time.
So, next time if you wish to opt for popular PHP framework then Zend Server can be the best choice for you. Hope this blog post from Softqube Technologies, PHP web development Company, India will be useful to you in outlining the advantages of how Zend can be useful to you.