Update Website with WordPress 3.9 Smart Features!
Much-anticipated WordPress 3.9 – “Smith” is finally available with lots of innovative features. This release comes with resolving 34 bugs and some great new updates that make it a better and more secure content management platform. It is named in honor of famed Jazz musician Jimmy Smith. The website owner and administrator, who is still doing manual updates, wake up and bring your websites to update for more convenient media editing experience.
Let’s see major changes that made in the New WordPress 3.9:
- Drag and Drop Images and Files to Upload
- Crop and Edit Images From Directly in the Visual Editor
- Create Audio/Video Playlists Easily
- Searching For WordPress Themes
- Live Widget and Header Previews
- Ability for symlink plugin directories
- Updated TinyMCE library for a New Streamlined Post Editor
- Improved Theme Browser
- Significant Tweaks for the Autosave Process
- Fairly Secure
So, what are you waiting for? All the new improvements in the WordPress 3.9, WordPress users have to test out first. Bear in mind that updating your WordPress installation is the good idea to prevent unpleasant activities.
Guidelines to Update the WordPress Safely and Easily:
Version 3.9 contains new features and security improvements. But prior to jump onto your dashboard and click on “Update Now,” don’t miss to take a few precautionary processes.
- Backup: Initially save all your WordPress files, posts and pages to your hard drive. Backup the entire WordPress database and plugins. It is part of your website hosting strategy. While your are hosting your WordPress website, you need to have complete database and file systems backup rotations on your site.
- Check your plugins for compatibility: Update WordPress now and check out the plugins’ functionality. Restore your preferred theme/framework/ theme folders to your hard drive. This is good practice to have customized any theme files. Start a fresh WordPress update process or consult an expert for assistance.
Above guides might be helpful when making an upgrade to your WordPress website. Eventually, to have the up to date version of WordPress is certainly more important to make sure your website secure and error free. Continuously a developer releases an update with posting a bug fix report. While the hacker gets that you are using an older version, they know how to break your website. By ignoring the latest update, you are making their job easy. Upgrade now latest version and be safe!
If you need any assistance for your WordPress website, Softqube Technologies is glad to help out in WordPress website development platform and other IT services at affordable rate. Contact us directly.