Various web applications are developed using different platforms such as PHP, Asp.net and more. Sometimes from the huge list, it becomes difficult as to which one you should choose in order to develop applications for your business.
Every application development platform has its own pros and cons. Some may be suitable to you some may not depending on the features you need in your applications. But, the two most popular web application development platforms are PHP and ASP.Net.
Both of these excel in creating user friendly web applications. It’s very difficult to identify the difference between the applications created on any one of these as both are used to develop large applications and successful websites.
We can compare them in context to performance, scalability, maintenance, cost, resources, time and tools.
- Adaptability and Maintenance: Whether you choose PHP or ASP.net, application development platform has nothing to do with it. It depends on :
- Experience of the programmer
- Programming framework
- Programming practices
- Adopting relevant guidelines and standards.
- Performance: Performance depends on the number of tasks an application has to do, there may be possible that due to over load, applications may perform less than expected. The main task of the programming language is to interact between database and server. So, the speed depends upon how efficient the server is.
Some of the points that affect the performance of the application where programming language has a very less role:
- Knowledge of the developer regarding code optimization
- Writing proper SQL queries.
- Depending on the features needed in the app, some may work fine with PHP and some may do well with ASP.net
- Cost: An important thing that is to be kept in mind before developing apps using any of the programming languages is the cost, budget. PHP, MYSQL are absolutely free and their upgrades also cost nothing. Considering ASP.net, it is free with windows operating system but Microsoft charges a certain license fee for future upgrades. Licensing costs may increase based on the popularity of the site or certain features are needed such as load balancing or hot standby.
- Resources & Assistance: Being a user friendly language, most developers tend to master this language quickly. As a result, we can easily get assistance by experienced PHP Developers. PHP forums easily provide assistance to all the questions and queries whereas support for ASP.net is available from expert ASP.net developers only. Support related to ASP.net upgrades is less likely to be available.
- Time: Asp.net has more coding lines as compared to PHP. This takes more time while PHP code can be written in very short span as compared to ASP.net. PHP language is decoded by servers so changing any feature in a PHP based application is very easy where as every time you wish to change any function in an ASP.net based web application, a new code is to be written or the recent one is to be modified. Development process is lengthy in PHP as compared to ASP.net.
Keeping these things in mind, you can choose the programming platform that suits your needs and outsource your project to reliable ASP.net. and PHP Web Application Development Company like Softqube technologies that help you to develop applications for your business on the best suitable platform.