Take any of the IT fields and you will see that everything seems to be new every now and then. Web Designing is one such field where trends come and go. Some trends get lapsed with time while others get evolved with the span of time and get more exciting.
Flat designs belong to those trends that evolve with time and slowly it starts growing in various directions. The secret to the success of this design is that it is very simple, universal and it develops flimsy user experience.
But what does “flat” design actually mean? How design principles can be put into practice while creating a website so that it can impress your visitors. Well, this is what web developers are looking for now days.
Keeping in mind this thing, we decided to provide some tips that will be useful to all those who wish to have flat websites for their business:
Tips for an Awesome Flat Website:
- Focus on Important things: Flat design relies on several geometric shapes, frames and typography in order to create a layout. In order to have clear content inside the layout; it is necessary to focus on the order, symmetry as well as size of the elements. Make sure you organize them in the way you like.
- Choose colours to create depth: In any flat design; colours play an important role. They make websites look prettier as well as valuable in identifying the depth. The reason behind this is; flat design is actually based on 2D look.
It is a usual trick that web designers use to create the depth. Playing with hues and colours, light elements on dark surfaces can provide a subtle depth which fits right into it.
- De-clutter: Website must be kept neat and clean, no unnecessary stuff is allowed to be added there. Flat design serves this purpose very well and hence one must add only those things that are actually needed. Make sure to keep the page elements at a definite space and avoid decorative stuff.
- Separate Clickable from Non Clickable: One of the issues with flat design is it makes really difficult to know which elements in the website are linked and which ones are clickable. While conceptualizing the website; know how you wish to signify the visitors and where should they click.
- Make Navigation Easy: When it comes to flat design; navigation is an important thing apart from just looks. It is must to have simple user experience and simplicity begins with navigation.
The website structure must be basic and drop down menus must be used only if needed or in case you have more pages.
- Avoid all Show offs: Flat design is meant to be simple, easy, neat and clean. To stay committed to this flat design; one needs to leave all the cute effects and animations. Just follow the principles of flat design and you will have an awesome website without the use of any animations or effects.
- Choose the right fonts: Flat design is restricted to certain font styles only. Select the fonts that are straight forward and simple. One of the most preferred fonts is Sans Serif Font Family.
You can search on Google for other such font styles that suit the best in flat design.
These tips will definitely help you to get an awesome flat website developed by experts at Softqube Technologies; a well known web development company in India serving customers since 2009.