Maintaining a website with is a very important task. However, various web development platforms like WordPress offer good service to people till years and WordPress websites can provide us various benefits. However, frequently testing different WordPress themes, new plug ins can be sometimes a little bit tough task.
Hence, prepare a maintenance checklist every month so that you can spend at least one hour for your website. Minor updates are automatically taken care of by WordPress itself. However, it’s necessary to pay attention to manual updates as well.
Here are some things that must be considered while updating your WordPress Site:
- Identify the Broken Links: Certain minor changes are handled by Word Press itself however times are there when you have some old links in the content which lead the users nowhere. More of 404 errors in your website can lead to negative impression in the minds of people.
These broken links can be easily identified with the Broken Link Plugin which will examine all your links, pages, posts and comments and in case any broken links are found then you will receive an email or display them in the admin panel.
- Manage your Website Speed: Addition and removal of plug in’s can alter the page content. Performance issues can also take place during this process. Hence, it’s advisable to check the content on regular basis.
Google Page Insights can help you in this matter. In case your website is facing any speed issues, this tool will inform you as well as provide you proper solutions to overcome them.
- Check your Back Ups: After any disaster, backups are generally not useful. So, it’s recommended to keep checking them frequently by carrying out a restore test. Back ups can be tested on test installation on your web host or any local WordPress running on XAMP or MAMP.
- Remove unneeded Plug ins: Using enormous plug ins can actually slow down the website and are prone to the security vulnerabilities. Those plug-ins whose features are not useful to you must be removed thus allowing the website to run smoothly.
- Check your CSS and HTML: Frequently adding and changing the plug ins will directly affect the code which your website sends to the browsers. Certain issues will be invisible to the users but they can be easily identified by user.
Having an incorrect code on your website is not a big deal but Google sometimes ignores such codes and hence it’s advisable to clear up such codes before they are actually validated by Google.
This can be easily done by using W3’s Validator and CSS Validator as these validators can easily examine such invalid codes.
Keeping in check the above mentioned few points; you can have a well maintained perfect WordPress website.
So, now maintenance of any website developed on WordPress won’t be a burden to you because this blog post will serve as a perfect guide to keep in mind those points that must be considered while maintaining a WordPress Website.
Stay connected with Softqube Technologies, PHP Web Development Company India to know more about latest WordPress updates.