Joomla, Drupal or WordPress: Which is the Best CMS?
Among the huge list of content management systems available today, we prefer Joomla, Drupal or WordPress for our business. Every CMS has its own pros and cons yet it depends on us as to which CMS should we select to meet our business needs.
Here, we have listed the benefits as well as drawbacks of these three well known content management systems and we are sure that this article will certainly help you to take decision as to which one is to be selected for managing your website.
- Joomla: This CMS is mostly preferred for creating websites especially eCommerce websites.
- Enriched with latest features including various website templates, plug ins etc.
- Preferable mostly for developing social networking sites and eCommerce sites.
- More than 8000 extensions available for free.
- Systematic menus.
- Easy support from Joomla community
- Not preferable for small websites.
- Coding is complex.
- Broken links cannot be fixed quickly
- Some of the plug ins are costly.
Some of the well known companies that use Joomla CMS are Mc Donald’s, Pizza Hut.
- WordPress: If you are in a business field where blogging is necessary and content updation is required at regular intervals then this CMS is for you.
- Easy to install and quick to configure.
- Very user friendly.
- Easy to add images and publish new items.
- Various enticing blog layouts available to make your blog look attractive
- Blogs and websites developed using word press are easily visible among top search results.
- Useful plug ins to make your tasks easier.
- Advertisements & Polls are not included
- One cannot rely completely rely on word press
- Mostly useful for small projects , lacks in fulfilling the needs for large business
CNN, Forbes, Sony are some of the notable WordPress users.
- Drupal: A very flexible and easy to use CMS especially when your aim is somewhere around content creation. Developers prefer this CMS the most due to its easy coding language.
- An ideal CMS for developers who can do coding on their own.
- Useful for developing websites that load quickly.
- Very simple & easy to understand code.
- Easy scalable.
- Higher maintenance cost.
- Good PHP Knowledge is required.
- Not compatible with other soft wares.
- Not user friendly as technical knowledge is required.
FedEx, MTV, Zappos are notable users of Drupal.
If you have a small business and mainly requires blogging then Word press is the best CMS suitable to your needs. On the other, if you are thinking to get an eCommerce website developed then Joomla is for you. If you wish to make your website interactive, then you can select Drupal; however you must keep in mind the cost occurred to hire a well known PHP developer who is good at coding as Drupal websites need good coding knowledge.
Whatever your requirements are, you can get in touch with Softqube Technologies to get the website developed on your preferred Best content management systems. Our developers are also here to guide you as to which CMS will suit best to your needs.