Mobile apps have now become the need of any business. Every enterprise is now getting involved in developing mobile apps. These enterprise mobile apps are to be introduced to the employees once they are completely developed.
As per the recent report, nearly 45% of end users in the enterprise still have assumptions that the final app will be complicated to use irrespective of the huge investment done. The matter is enterprise mobile apps are not so overwhelming development projects that take years to be true when you are in need of something that is very simple for employees to use.
So, when it comes to enterprise apps one can simplify things as follows:
- Follow the 80 -20 Rule: A recent report shows that mobile leaders spend nearly $270000 to get a single mobile app developed. From this, we can say that 80% of internal and customer oriented mobile uses do not contain any specific functions.
And about 20% of enterprise mobile apps need custom development which includes outsourcing or hiring the in house mobile developers. IOs and Android app developers are the ones that are very expensive to be hired.
As per the survey of Developers Economics; Android and IOS developers can be hired for $10,000 per month. This is an average figure. At times, business managers, marketers or IT teams can easily handle the prototyping simple use cases with the help of a well known mobile app development platform solution.
Using a Mobile app Development Platform solution; one can get following benefits:
- Speed: The average development time can vary from several months to years based on the nature of the project. Using a code free MADP solution; this development time can be reduced to days.
- Enterprise Quality Apps: Proper use of various functions is a key and it needs dynamic integration with a backend. Various well known mobile app development companies like Softqube technologies, Mobile app development India can easily develop powerful native apps with the use of OAuth to authenticate users as well as retrieving the data quickly as per the need.
- Reducing the costs: Development and maintenance costs are reduced to an extent as content changes can be made quickly without paying additional charges to the developers for making a simple change.
How can cost effective mobile apps be developed?
It is not necessary that every time you have to spend millions of dollars for developing an enterprise mobile app. Apart from this; there are various solutions that exist and one of them is to use current talent and resources.
One can develop powerful native apps within the budget and avoid paying high development costs. Most of the companies disdain enhancing their apps while many of these are highly affected by the sky touching development costs. So, avoid being one of the firms that fear from huge development costs.
Few useful ways to get enterprise mobile apps developed:
- Custom Native apps: Most of the mobile apps are custom built. It is one and the only way to develop an app for any particular business. One can quickly create custom apps using iOS SDK or Android SDK.
Let’s say you want to get an app developed for iOS, Android, Blackberry and Windows i.e. separate operating systems then one app is to be developed four times. This is a very time consuming way to develop apps.
Further, it takes more time to copy the code for each SDK and it creates an error which follows trying to alter the code into various platforms. Once the app is completely developed then it is time to integrate it with backend system.
Here, there are lot of security concerns as none of the enterprise systems were built for mobile consumption. This integration can take from 50% to 70% of the development effort.
Even if a dedicated team of developers is available for developing apps; it can take several months to build an app.
- Cross Platform development: Cross platform development tools are used to develop mobile apps. Using such tools one can easily develop native apps, HTML apps, hybrid apps and more.
HTML5 apps are cross platform apps however these lack the ability to influence all the capabilities and sensors of the mobile devices. Native apps; on the other hand makes effective use of all the capabilities of the mobile device on which it runs.
Cross platform tools like Xamarin and Titanium permits the developer to write the code only once and then create the code for remaining smart phone operating systems. This allows developers to reduce the time that is spent to write the code for all four separate app versions.
While this boosts the development time; the issue of enterprise integration and security is still there. When it comes to Hybrid apps; the combination of native and HTML 5 apps; device specific containers are used to communicate each device and influence the native sensors as well as capabilities of that device.
Well known tools for developing cross platform apps are Apache Cordova or Phone Gap. With Phone Gap, the code is written for once and then used in all operating systems without the need of generating separate code for every device.
Hybrid apps offer all the benefits of native apps without bothering about the maintenance of separate code for every device.
Apart from those listed above, there are many other ways through which enterprise apps can be developed easily and quickly. We will definitely discuss them in our upcoming blogs. It is necessary for you to know as to which method suits you the most.
You can select the way that most suits your requirements. If you wish to get guidance from experts then you can get in touch with Softqube Technologies, Mobile App Development India. Here, you will get every sort of guidance related to mobile apps including the platform that will be suitable for developing apps for particular platform.
Let us know how this blog post was useful to you? Feel free to write us back.