Be it any normal website or an eCommerce website, SEO is a critical element for every website. To get ahead of competitors; it is must to have a SEO weapon. To become successful in eCommerce World; Magento offers a huge range of SEO extensions that vary in terms of prices, support as well as update terms, installation as well as configuration conditions.
This leads to a question: How to select an effective SEO extension for Magento based eCommerce store?
Here, in this blog post; we are going to compare the normal Magento SEO functionality with some of the most popular Magento SEO solutions. So, let’s begin:
Most Popular Magento SEO Solutions
- How to solve Typical eCommerce Duplicate Content Issues: When there are multiple URLs with similar content, canonical meta tags can inform search engines about the main URL. If you are running a special Magento based store then you will have to set the canonical URLs for every category, product or CMS Pages .
Authorize the duplicate content on various domains; avoid content duplication for pages without trailing slash and more.
- Developing HTML and XHTML maps: Sitemaps allows store owners to inform search engines about the website pages that are available for crawling. All the pages are conveniently organized in a perfect hierarchical structure. This helps visitors to navigate easily via them.
- Meta SEO templates: These help you to easily manage huge amount of important data for product as well as category pages. With just a small list of attributes; one can automatically optimize such important elements of a product/category such as their name, description, URL, meta title, keywords, category meta description, keywords, alt tags and lots more.
- Optimizing Category Pages filtered by Layered Navigation: Every small aspect matters in SEO. Apart from just optimizing home page and product pages; it is important to remember all the pages that are of secondary importance.
These secondary pages include category pages, pages with customer reviews and pages filtered with layered navigation.
- Crawling indexation instructions and redirects: While optimizing your Magento website; one must get full control over the way search engines see and behave on it. This includes creating a crawling map, avoiding search engine robots from accessing your site pages, prioritizing pages for indexation, setting redirects, configuring an .htaccess file and more.
- Mark up Data Optimization: When structured data mark up is implemented properly; you can easily make your website look unique and be different. Snippets rich pages provide a higher click through rate that drives a huge amount of targeted traffic and hence helps you to bring huge amount of sales.
- Auto Cross Links: Internal site linking pages helps you to effectively distribute ranking power among the important pages of the website while linking them to external sources will help you to develop relations with such websites that are relevant to your niche.
- Hreflang Tag Support: If your website is multilingual or multi regional then it is important to notify Google as to which website is to be displayed to the foreign users. Here, hreflang tag is highly useful.
- SEO Reports: An important part of Magento SEO is to determine such web pages that have duplicate issues, long meta title and descriptions, empty meta tags etc. This is boring and monotonous job which consumes lot of time. Magento offers such extensions that take care of all these stuff.
- Money Back guarantee, Price and Support: Magento offers various SEO extensions like as Amasty, ahead Works, create group, mirasvit, mageworx etc. The prices, money back guarantee and support are as follow:
- Amasty: This extension is available for $290 and installation charges are $59. Free support and free updates are available for four months. It offers 30 days money back guarantee.
- Ahead Works: It is available for $159 with installation charges $75 extra. The free support and updates are available here for 90 days. It offers 45 days money back guarantee.
- Create Group: This extension is available for free but doesn’t offer any free support or updates or any kind of money back guarantee.
- Mirasvit: Available for $149 with $49 extra installation charges; this extension offers free support for 30 days and free updates for 1 year along with 30 days money back guarantee.
- MageWorx: It is available for $249 with no additional installation charges. MageWorx provides free support and free updates for lifetime with 30 days money back guarantee.
Among all these extensions; Mageworx offers free basic SEO configuration and advanced SEO configuration. No other extension offers this facility. So, if you are willing to opt for SEO oriented Magento extension then MageWorx will suit your purpose.
Let us know if you find any of the changes in any of the offerings provided by the extensions. We will be happy to update the changes.
Hope you liked this post and will be useful to you in some or the other way. Let us know if you have more of such information about SEO extensions offered by Magento. If you are in search of proper guidance regarding online store developed on Magento then get in touch with Softqube Technologies for Magento eCommerce development in India.
Stay tuned with us for more of such information about various eCommerce platforms.