Joomla – A Well Known Content Management System
Joomla is content management system – CMS that allows you to design web pages as well as other web applications. Many aspects, including easy operating and easy upgrading, are making Joomla to be the most popular software available for web pages. The best of all is that Joomla is solution with open source code that is free for all users.
What does Joomla Mean?
The name Joomla is phonetic spelling from ‘svahili’ word “Jumla”, in simple words it mean “everyone together” or “as a whole”. This is name is selected from thousands of ideas from the community and after it passed through the hands of branding and marketing professionals who also agreed that the name Joomla is the best choice.
What is the Content Management System?
Content management system is software that derives information from your web pages, similar to bibliotheca with keeping of books. Contents can be a simple text, photos, music, video, documents or whatever you have on your mind. The main advantage in using content management system is that you don’t have to keep managing your website as manager as CMS is there to do this task for you.
Joomla is used all over the world for managing different web pages of various websites such as:
- Corporate websites or portals
- Corporate intranets and extranets
- Online magazines, newspapers, and publications
- E-commerce and online reservations
- Government applications
- Web pages on small businesses
- Web sites of nonprofit organizations
- Social, Community-based portals
- School and church websites
- Personal or family homepages
Who is Using Joomla?
Here are some examples of Joomla Websites:
- United Nations – http://www.unric.org
- MTV Networks Quizilla (community) – http://www.quizilla.com
- IHOP (restaurant chain) – http://www.ihop.com
- Senso Interiors (Furniture design) – http://www.sensointeriors.co.za
- Harvard University (education) – http://gsas.harvard.edu
- Citibank (Finance intranet) – not publicly available
- Outdoor Photographer (Magazine) – http://www.outdoorphotographer.com
- L.A. Weekly (online publication) – http://www.laweekly.com
- The Green Maven (ecology) – http://www.greenmaven.com
- PlayShakespeare.com (culture) – http://www.playshakespeare.com
Can You be Sure that in the Future You will Have Support for Joomla?
Joomla is the most popular CMS with open source code supported by growing community of friendly users and talented developers. The use of Joomla started from 2000, and with a community of more than 200 000 users and contributors, the future is bright for the award winning Joomla Project.
Some of the advanced ways for using Joomla
Many companies and organizations have need that sometimes is not fulfilled by the basic Joomla packet. In that case, the powerful working environment of Joomla is making easy for developers to create various sophisticated tools including Joomla extensions that will be able to satisfy every need of the customers.
The core Joomla framework lets developers to quickly and easily build:
- Inventory control systems
- Data reporting tools
- application bridges
- various products catalogs
- Integrated e-commerce
- complex business directory
- reservation systems
- communication tools
Because Joomla is based on PHP and MySQL, you can create wonderful yet useful applications on open soured code which everyone can use it, share it or support it.
Wind Up :
In order to get appropriate and up to the mark applications developed using Joomla, you can get in touch with our Joomla expert at Softqube Technologies, a remarkable Web Design and Development firm in India. Our experts will help you to design quality Joomla websites.