Businesses have now slowly diverted to the mobile world. You will see every business wishes to have its own app so as to offer quick services to their customers. Before actually developing the application it is necessary to choose the platform that suits your needs.
For those who are getting the application developed for the first time, it is difficult to choose among the two platforms. This is the question most business owners think of. Are you one of them? Then this blog post from Softqube Technologies, Android App Development Company will clear all of your doubts.
What platform to decide for developing any business application?
There’s a stiff competition between Android and iOS and hence this has become a question of debate as to which platform to choose for business apps. Well, before actually deciding the platform it is necessary to know about the advantages of each platform.
Talking about Android, it covers nearly 83% of global smartphone market. So, nearly 80 smart phones out of 100 use android as their operating system. While only 14% of smart phones run on iOS.
This shows that Android is dominating the mobile apps market. Looking at the data above, it can be clearly stated that it is the android platform that is preferred the most in the mobile apps market. However, it is difficult to launch any mobile app project in Android as compared to that of iOS.
When someone wants to earn money with an application then iOS is the most preferable platform. iOS makes 85% revenue for app makers. We can say for business owners Android is preferable while for app developers who wish to make money from apps, iOS is preferred.
Still if you are in the confusion then here is a small comparison list that will clear all of your doubts:
|Open source||Available with open source elements|
|Is adopted by many phones and tablets||iPod, iPad, iPhone, Apple TV|
|Easily available on Google Play store||Available on Apple App Store|
|Programming is done using C, C++, Java||Programming is done using C, C++, Objective C|
|Used on touch screen devices as well as Smart watch||Only Touch screen|
|Supports Google Maps||Supports only Apple Maps|
|Easily available in 32 languages||Available in 34 languages|
|Latest Version Android 5.0.1 (Lollipop)||iOS 8.1 ( March 2015)|
Advantages of iOS:
- Suppose your target market is US then it is advisable to opt for iPhone App Development.
- As compared to Android users, iOS users are willing to pay more.
- It is the most stable mobile platform and its crash rate is less as compared to that of Android.
- More quality apps are available. The app approval system is very tough and so chances of low quality apps get reduced to an extent.
Benefits of Android:
- Most of the Android app development technologies are available for free.
- Android app development is much easier as it allows you to make most use of crowd oriented frameworks as well as plug ins.
- Android is the best platform for those who have targeted Asia and South Africa.
- For getting mass exposure, Android is the best platform.
Hope this information will be useful for business owners as well as app developers to make a proper decision regarding which platform to choose for any mobile app. For more such tips and tricks, stay connected with us.