Mobile apps have become an important part of our life in these days. Today, for everything; be it meditation, online shopping, books, news papers, Grocery stores every business has its own mobile app.
Hence, for every single app that we need we go to Google Play store and keep searching until we get that particular app or similar ones. In short; for Android users; Google Play store has been the only one stop destination that they can rely on for the apps of their choice.
One of the reasons; Google Play store is preferred the most is because it offers apps for free download. Till now, hardly I have seen charges for any app. More than one million apps were analyzed on Google Play store.
The Highlights of this Research are as Follows:
- Among all the apps available; largest category of apps is related to education sector which 8% of all apps. Total there are eight categories of apps viz. Education, entertainment, Personalization, Tools, Lifestyle, Books and Reference, Business, Travel and Local.
Out of these 53 % of apps are available for free download.
- Among all the categories; the less downloaded ones were in Music which means music apps were only 0.06%. The study conducted by a well known research company revealed that 82% of all apps on Play store are available for free.
- And not all free apps support advertisements.
Further, the study also shows that 47% of apps were installed less than 500 times and nearly 90% of apps were installed less than 50,000 times which can be considered a very bad figure.
If we talk about apps popularity then the most surprised ones are Google’s own apps like as Google Maps, YouTube, Gmail etch which are installed over billion times.
Well,there are other options as well apart from Google Play store and these are as follows:
- Amazon App store: With over 0.4 million free and paid apps; it is second most popular app store after Google Play store. It has a unique method that offers one paid app every day for free download.
- Getjar: Another option is Getjar that allows you to download, rate and review Android apps like in Google. However, here downloading free apps means submitting survey or viewing ads. It can be a good alternative to Android App store.
- F- Droid: It is an app store that is developed to offer free and open source apps. If you feel that those apps are for you then it is the perfect place for you.
- Aptoide: In certain devices, Google Play store doesn’t work properly. For these devices; Aptoide is perfect as it offers similar interface with high quality apps. It also offers most of the Google Play store paid apps for free by offering ads.
- App Brain: If you are finding an alternative to download paid apps for free then this app store is a perfect place for you. Here, app developers keep posting their paid apps so that these can be downloaded for free.
One can keep track of new comers to get exclusive free apps. Further, it has good interface along with appropriate app ratings and comments from the entire AppBrain community.
Further it offers daily and weekly app charts that can be referred to if one is unable to find satisfying apps in Google Play charts.
So, with this blog post; you might have understood why Google Play store is important and widely opted for. Stay connected with us for more such amazing blog posts on various topics.