Since the last few years, there has been a tremendous growth in the field of mobile technology. Many businesses are making the most of this opportunity with a view to reach customers via their mobiles, by coming up with an iron clad mobile marketing strategy.
However, one of the main questions that most business owners frequently ask is whether it is better to opt for a mobile website or an app to promote their business. The subtle differences between the two make it very difficult to decide on what is right for their respective businesses.
To help you decide on what is best for your business let us look at the advantages and disadvantages of both, since both platforms are completely capable of helping you achieve your marketing goal.
ADVANTAGES OF MOBILE APPS
- Once downloaded on our customer’s phone, a well-programmed app offers the very best to them, allowing them the luxury of accessing information super fast with just a few taps on the app
- Having the benefit of smart phone technology like accelerometer, camera or even the user’s address book and other information, mobile apps offer a high degree of functionality.
- Apps are usually put on display at apple stores, giving added exposure and making it easy for people to download and use.
DISADVANTAGES OF MOBILE APPS
- A mobile app usually takes a lot longer to develop than a mobile site. Moreover, you will need a programmer who has the experience of developing apps.
- In the event that you change or revise the app, you need to advertise that fact by way of an update so that the users can manually download the updates and see the revisions. However, it is fair to say that most people who are familiar with using apps on their mobiles would know of this.
- All apps are not suitable for a common platform. You need to develop a separate app for every platform. If you want your app to reach Ios and Android clients, then a separate app for each should be developed.
ADVANTAGES OF MOBILE SITES
- Easy and quick to design
- It is slightly cheaper to get a mobile site developed, compared to an app. Saying that, if you search carefully, you will be able to find general apps that can be used by businesses at very reasonable rates.
- Mobile sites do not require a specific platform. They can be installed on any operating system.
- Mobile site updates are done automatically, unlike for apps
DISADVANTAGES OF MOBILE SITES
- However beautiful mobile sites might be, they are more cumbersome than an app, and less user-friendly.
- They are also slower than mobile apps
- Can be difficult to navigate. It is also difficult for customers to input and manipulate data, compared to the app
WHAT IS RIGHT FOR YOUR BUSINESS?
Both are the perfect solutions for your business, opening up a world of opportunities and growing your business tenfold.
However, it is important to have understood the differences between the two before making that all important decision on what you want for your business. If you want further clarification, and help in making that decision, speak to Softqube Technologies. They will help you decide what is best suited for your business.