Before creating any website, it is necessary to peep into Google and have a look at latest updates so that it can help to create a top notch websites as online assistance is easily available for open source web development.
We love to share and discuss latest updates with our visitors and so today we are going to share some popular web development scripts that are widely used in website development process.
Best open source scripts for web development
There are lot of web development scripts available however; we have mentioned the scripts used mainly for: a) eCommerce b) Blogging software c) Content Management
a) Ecommerce: Developing eCommerce websites is the first step towards commencing an online business. Below mentioned some of the popular scripts used for eCommerce web development.
- Os Commerce: With OsCommerce; an open source eCommerce solution used to build eCommerce websites, we can create various online eCommerce websites having feature rich shopping cart functionality. These websites are easily to setup and maintain without any fees or limitations.
- Magento: Another useful platform for developing online business websites is Magento. This is widely used to develop your online business and bring to the next level. With Magento, all website features can be easily controlled as it is very user friendly.
- Agora Cart: Similar to Zen cart & Open cart, Agora cart is free powerful open source website development software solution that provides wide range of features including a simple shop layout to a multi-featured one useful for developing elegant storefront for an online shop. If you don’t wish to use the templates offered, then you can also integrate your own web design templates developed by web designers.
b) Blogging Software: Blogs are an important part of getting required information. Apart from companies, individuals also prefer to develop blogs for publishing their own articles, details etc. Here, we have listed few open source scripts mainly used for blogging.
- Movable Type: A very well known blogging platform that can be used to create blogs, websites, social networks all at one place with trendy layouts as well as other out of the box features. It is a platform where you like to work with your blogging software and you can also create a community of readers and customers
- B2 Evolution: Similar to word press, this is blogging software that can be easily integrated with your website. It comes with all the required features available in a normal blog tool and also has some extended features such as file& photo management, multiple blog support, enhanced skinning etc.
c) Content Management: A website owner with less knowledge of coding language can easily update the website with the use of content management system. Some of the well known systems are Drupal and Joomla. Here we have listed two more open source web development scripts used to develop a CMS :
- Pligg: Pligg is a CMS that provides social networking software through which visitors can enroll on your website and submit content with will be useful to other users as well thus all users on your website stay connected with each other.
- Mambo: A full featured award winning CMS useful to develop everything from simple to complex websites. It is widely used by government portal, corporate intranets & extranets, schools, NGOs and many other sectors as well as community forums.
With these many scripts available in the market, you can easily get the benefit of developing your own website on an open source platform. Of course, you can get required assistance from skilled open source website development professional at Softqube technologies.