The Business Need
his can be achieved through systematic adoption of proven problem solving methods like TRIZ, VE and FMEA as part of the innovation process. IVAPS helps an organization to define its Innovation and Intellectual Property Management Process and automates them on IDES suite of software products to better serve the sustainability needs of the business.
Innovation and Design Excellence Software Modules
- Invention Disclosure Management : Enables implementation of process for managing Invention Disclosures including capability to review and assess the inventions in a collaborative manner.
- Patent Portfolio Management :Helps managing patent portfolio by evaluating the business relevance of the patents based on their valuation, usage and commercialization potential and enables making right decisions pertaining to investment, licensing, renewal, or abandonment of patents etc.
- Patent Prosecution Management : Keeps track of a patent over its life cycle from the point of filing to the grant and subsequently supporting related activities such as developing a Patent Family, pursuing licensing opportunities, commercialization etc.
- Annuity Management : Computes the filing and renewal fees for a patent in a given jurisdiction and generates alerts for the annuity fees that are due and generates necessary documentation for processing payments with the respective patent offices.
- Invention/Patent Valuation : Systematically assess the valuation of an invention or a patent using multiple criteria including technology, business risk, legal aspects, market potential and financial value supported by tools that compute NPV, IRR etc.
- Contradiction Analysis : Enables scientists and inventors to identify inherent contradictions in the system and design and proactively solves them using contradiction matrix and inventive principles
- Functional Analysis : Enables analysis of the functions of the system at a component level to solve the underlying issues using inventive standards as defined in TRIZ
- Trend Mapping and Predictive Analysis : Analyzes current invention or product to predict its innovation potential based on the trends extracted from the study and analysis of the patents in the same or similar technology domains
- Morphological Analysis : Supports in the study and development of design alternatives introducing systemic variations in the design parameters. Also compares these design parameters vis-Ãƒ -vis competitors or the target customer segments
- Idea Bank : Enables user communities to contribute to the innovation and solution development process by way of sharing ideas in a structured manner. Creates an environment wherein ideas can be assessed, filtered and collated as an input to the product design and development team
- Initiative Management : Defines, manages and links research projects and development initiatives to the business strategy. Also helps in monitoring the performance of these initiatives based on the predefined and measurable KPIs.
- Knowledge Management and Training Management : Assists organizations in documentation and dissemination of knowledge within the scientific communities. Helps in managing training programs, blogging and team discussions.
- Multi-User Decision Analysis â€“ Analytical Hierarchical Process (AHP) : Systematically compares the inventions or competitive patents using AHP. Supports generating decision hierarchies and collecting inputs from multiple users for an informed and collective decision making process
- Failure Mode Effect Analysis : Supports identification and prioritization of the failure modes and development of problem solving action plan to eliminate all the root causes of the failure modes.
Our Innovation and Design Excellence Suite (IDES) demonstrates value and measurable benefits by
- Improving rate of innovation
- Increasing ROI of research and development initiatives
- Reducing problem solving time, associated costs and uncertainty of innovation process
- Promoting Technology Forecasting, Patent Design Around and Intellectual Property Management / Commercialization