The software in itself is as innate a dead leaf, it is our team’s ability to infuse life into the system and existing processes, structure and information flow, that makes businesses’
perform with agility and deliver on customer expectations.
Our aim is to bring to our clients faster, more responsive, agile, robust yet easy to use and cost effective software that supports all their requirements in real time.
What does this mean for the business of our clients?
A Hotel Management System like ours, gives the most important information with single click be it the information about room reservation and availability, conference or even banquet reservation. As a business you will have a system which helps hotel to manage every bit of information.
It is really important that when you visit the reception, can be provided easily by checking the system and manage things accordingly.
How we work and collaborate with clients to ensure business success?
Given the inherent qualities of the service sector, even though the standard process flow might be the same business and client requirements vary greatly across borders and city. Each client has their own specific needs, requirements and expectations about system performance. With our diversified experience with all kinds of hotels, from a single hotel to a chain of hotel management, we have successfully delivered on our client expectations. Our superior project management and time management skills give us the extra edge to ensure client requirements are met and delivered in time.
We follow certain basics to ensure client success and satisfaction each day:
- Clearly define and understand the business and process requirements for each client
- Understand the current system, business process flows, systems, information technology and expectations of the people who will use the software
- The design and development of end user interface and its aesthetics and easy to use requirements
- Regular and milestone testing to solicit and increase customer/end user feedback and have continuous improvements
- Ensure that hardware and software infrastructure updates are in place to have system up and running without delay
- Extension and mobile integration
- Having a proper process flow documents and system design documents
- End user training and end user training documents
- Technical and functional support 24*7 to ensure smoother operations without any bottlenecks
- Post go-live support to ensure that systems are working as expected and stabilize
Case Study: Symphony Hotel Management System
The Holt Hotel are a famous, newly refurbished, renovated hotel that offers its customer an excellent service complimented by Victorian feel and splendour when any customer comes to stay with them. They recently fully restored their hotel to its former Victorian elegance and grandeur and aim to give their customers an authentic feel of luxurious lifestyle and yet satisfy them with prompt service and correct information from the word go. Given its situation and charges it is an ideal and preferred location for businessmen, families and tourists alike who visit and stay with them from around the globe. The chain of hotel has a clear and very sharp focus on faster services and an aim to satisfy each customer. “The Holt Hotel is highly recommended by Travellers Guides such as the ‘Small Hotels of London’ and ‘Hotels and Guesthouses of London’ published by the English Tourist Board.”
After having undertaken a full-fledged and highly ambitious renovation project the hotel felt the need to upgrade its system software to cater to customer’s needs and requirement. They had realized that the need for smarter and faster performing management system tool was a paramount need of the hour. The hotel management team also realized that this would go a long way in ensuring better services, faster customer response and aid in business development with its integration capabilities. With the increased flow of customers and requirement for real time data update, the need was felt to have a hotel management system to integrate all aspects of hotel management and yet at the same time keep the costs involved in development, design, customization, implementation and end-user employee training on the software to a minimum.
The team from the hall wanted to cover integrate and bring all of the departments of their hotel in single software and ensure that everyone within the system was communicating with each other through the use of their own specific interface.
- Front Desk
- Room Management
- Restaurants and dining area
- Bar’s management
Like any software implementation the biggest challenge was to customize the software to the specific client requirements based on seasonal changes for tariff rate changes and bundled services that were provided to customers in the off season.
- First and foremost, keep costs at optimum level
- Reduce data and software redundancy
- Real time data update for reservations, check out, check ins and other bookings to avoid any wrong customer commitments
- Ability to plan for any offers, special promotions to increase occupancy by generating system reports
- Ability to integrate all aspects of the hotel from housekeeping, front-desk and room management to accounting
- Update the accounting data in real time so that finance team could generate reports without delay and check them in real time
- Daily updates and reporting was to be made available at any time of the day
- Cultural difference were there but we were able to successfully able to understand and work in harmony
- Time zone differences caused us to have a lag time but then we resolved to have team working in shifts to ease out any response time delays to ensure that go-live date was met.
Along with this, the hotel wanted to integrate all departments with accounting and reduce error and scope for human intervention with the monetary aspects of the business transactions. Every item’s detail and cost were to be stored in the system or updated. Thereafter, all rightsof any kind of manual change were to be withdrawn, for any changes whatsoever, whenever there was cost involvement. The right for changes inventory/costs was to be limited to a few people within the hotel from the accounts team.
Softqube decided to offer hotel the hotel management software, Symphony to cater to their diverse needs and requirements. We ensured that while we modified it to suit the customer requirements for all of their internal processes and cycles we also accommodated their need for special system rights.
Our dedicated team of system developers and programmers created special authorization checks, validation and groups in the software to limit access and ensure that chain of command and approval was followed. We delivered on the client requirement for accounts teams’ ability to only be able to change costs via the use of assignment of authorization groups and checks.
We also made it possible to generate various reports for day-to-day, weekly, monthly and yearly reporting from within the system at the click of the mouse. The reports were standardized with the capability to change the layout that was given to the end user. This reduced a lot of man hours of labor for the hotel and helped them smoothen out quarter end and year end reporting requirements.
Given the scope of hotel operations, it was important we checked the software working from time to time and hence we had recurrent and continuous testing of the software with each milestone achievement and we were getting feedback from end users in real time. This helped us improve the software each day based on user feedback. This also made employees confident in the use of software post go-live and change management was easy when the transition happened from a paper based system to live and system based Symphony’s hotel management software. We were able to successfully implement the HOTEL MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE and deliver on client requirements from the software. Also, with the software the client was able to integrate its website and online bookings done and project the future requirements of staff, food, etc. and this improved management’s decision making and added a whole new parameter to efficient hotel operations.
- Windows 2008
- MS SQL 2008 Enterprise Edition
- .NET Framework 3.5
- 8 GPUs/hot-swap 3.5″ HDDs,
- 135W CPUs w/ Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600
- 1.5 TB HDD
- Windows XP
- .NET Framework 3.5
- Dual-Core or Core-Duo2.4 GHz Processor
- 120 GB HDD
- 4 GB DDR3 RAM
Words from Our Client
The professional relationship with our Softqube development team has proven to be beneficial beyond our expectations. The lines of communication with our SQT project manager are always open and very effective, and the quality of work completed by the team is consistently of a high quality that meets our standards.
Raj - Kriya Management, USA
We could not have done it without Softqube!
With a commitment to quality and excellent project management skills, your dedicated web team takes care of our most valuable projects. The challenge of keeping deadline, quality and deployment of each projects are handled by softqube without a hesitation.
If you are looking for a company that is working hard to complete a task within budget and on time with an extreme amount of professionalism is Softqube the company for you. We have worked with Sam and his team for some time and have not had a single problem.
Lijoy ( Deal N Dine )